Thank you for your interest in COVID-19 testing at Oregon’s K-12 Schools.
The University of Oregon is partnering with the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) to provide free COVID-19 testing for public and private K-12 schools throughout Oregon during the 2021-2022 school year. This program will offer voluntary weekly screening testing for students in OHA Regions 3, 5, and 7. This includes all of southern and central Oregon. The program is funded through a grant to OHA from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and is free to participating schools and students.
How it works
- Schools will notify families directly if the school is participating in the program.
- Students or their guardians must register for the free testing through the University of Oregon. If you do not see your school listed as an option, the school may not have signed up to participate or your school is not located in Coos, Curry, Douglas Jackson, Josephine or Lane counties.
- Students are also required to complete an Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 Testing Consent Form.
- Collection kits will be distributed to students by the school on a weekly basis for return on a designated day of the week.
- The test is a simple saliva-based qPCR test which is easy to complete at home and highly accurate. Simple-to-follow instructions will be included in your test kit and detailed instructions are available in English and Spanish.
- Students return the completed test to the school, for forwarding to the UO.
- Test results are made available through a secure result portal. During registration, each student or parent/guardian of student will be asked to provide an email address and phone number. Once results are available, they will be emailed and texted with login information to access results for the most recent test.
- Results will come typically one to two days after the tests are returned to the school. The results will be shared directly with the student or guardians, to the Oregon Health Authority, and the local public health official. The school will not receive the test results for participating students and will be notified only if there is a positive case and any steps or further investigation is needed. How to get your results?
This project is supported by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award to the State of Oregon. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HHS, or the U.S. Government.