The UO requires all students and employees to be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations or request an exemption. This public health measure at the UO helps protect our community by reducing the potential for serious illness, hospitalization, or death. It also limits campus disruptions and allows us to resume in-person instruction and activities. Students who do not complete either action will be subject to a registration hold and subject to discipline under the student conduct code.
Your vaccination status will be kept confidential. The forms and processes for submitting information to comply with the vaccination requirement are secure and HIPAA compliant.
Report Primary COVID-19 Vaccination & Booster
The process is the same for reporting your primary COVID-19 vaccination(s) and the COVID-19 booster.
- Booster shot requirement: January 31 or 30 days after you become eligible.
Steps to follow:
- Log into myUOHealth to complete your COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
- Once logged in, go to the “Immunization” tab and enter dates of required vaccines, then
- Go to "Upload" tab to upload your documentation of vaccines.
Watch the video tutorial for further assistance.
- When a student becomes eligible for a booster shot, they should submit proof of receiving booster shot within 30 days.
- Students are considered fully vaccinated according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Those who intend to be vaccinated, are in the process of receiving a two-dose vaccine, or within 14 days of completing the vaccination process, should wait to submit the information until they reach fully vaccinated status.
- UO reserves the right to request additional proof of vaccination if necessary.
- The UO will accept any COVID-19 vaccine that has been approved by the World Health Organization.
Request an Exemption
Primary COVID-19 Vaccination
- Login to myUOHealth and select the “Forms” tab.
- Look for "Other forms" section and select the COVID-19 forms.
- Complete the Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 vaccine exemption education module; and student must acknowledge that they will be expected to continue taking additional safety measures as required for unvaccinated individuals.
Important Note: Students who request an exemption for the primary COVID-19 vaccination are required to take part in weekly COVID-19 testing through the UO Monitoring and Assessment Program, among other safety measures. These measures may include isolating or quarantining if you are exposed to or contract COVID-19, testing to participate in certain activities and/or being excluded from certain activities.
- If you have received an exemption to the primary COVID-19 vaccination, no further action is needed. Your exemption record will apply to the booster.
- To request an exemption to the COVID-19 booster, follow the same steps above for the primary dose(s) exemption.